The duties and responsibilities of the Executive Council shall be as follows:
- To evaluate and ratify the policies of the Society;
- To fill vacancies in elected offices and Executive Council positions from a list of candidates provided by the Nomination Committee;
- To approve the budget as submitted by the Finance Committee;
- To approve the addition or deletion of Standing Committees;
- To approve the addition or deletion of Temporary Committees;
- To accept and approve reports submitted by committees of the Society;
- To give consensus advice on matters affecting the Society or its conduct;
- To participate in scheduled TULISOC Council meetings.
Before agreeing to stand for election, Executive Council nominees should agree that, if elected, they will make every effort to:
- Attend at least 2/3 of the Executive Council Meetings during their term of office;
- Respond promptly to ballots or other TULISOC business;
- Carry out, in a timely manner, all duties or tasks delegated to them by the President or Council, including all duties associated with their membership on TULISOC committees.